Since the narrow defeat of the AAA Resolution 100 days ago, the Israeli state has intensified its flagrant violations of Palestinians’ basic human rights, including attacks on academic freedom. These routine violations include:
- Attacks on the basic functioning of Palestinian universities
- Banning Dr. Adam Hanieh, Senior Lecturer at the School of Oriental & African Studies in London, from traveling to Birzeit University in the occupied West Bank to deliver a series of lectures to students.
- Preventing Birzeit University from hosting an international Taekwondo tournament.
- Attacking students on the campus of Al Quds University with tear gas and stun grenades.
- Firing live bullets at students during a raid on Birzeit University
- Refusing to recognize nursing degrees granted by Al Quds University in East Jerusalem.