The big day has finally arrived — voting on the proposed boycott of the Israeli academic institutions in the American Anthropological Association (AAA) is now open!
Voting continues until May 31. You can still join the AAA or renew your membership and vote any time before that date.
Because the AAA online voting interface isn’t always clear, we have included some instructions below in case they are helpful.
1. LOGGING IN: Click on this link and enter your login credentials. If the link doesn’t work, simply log in at www.americananthro.org and click on the “Vote” button on the right-hand side of the screen (circled in red in this image).
2. THE BALLOT: You should see a ballot with multiple lines: one for AAA-wide voting, and others for various AAA sections to which you may belong. On the line for “American Anthropological Association Election 2016,” click the green “Start” button (indicated in the red box in the image below).
3. The next two pages show candidates for AAA positions. After making any selections, click the “next” button on the bottom of the screen.
4. VOTING ON THE BOYCOTT: Next you will arrive at the boycott question. To vote for the boycott, click the box to the left of “Yes” and then the “Next” button (both are indicated in red in the image below).
5. CONFIRMING YOUR VOTE: On the next screen, make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom. Check the box next to “I declare that I have examined my selection..” and then click the green “Submit” button. Both are indicated in red in the image below.
6. SAVE YOUR VOTING RECEIPT: After voting, you will be presented with a confirmation screen. Make sure that your selections are marked as “Received.” Then click “View Receipt” to get a copy of your Voting Receipt (indicated in red in the image below).
7. Your Voting Receipt should look something like this. At the bottom right it should list your choice on the boycott question as “Yes, adopt the Resolution as presented.” Save a copy of the Receipt for your records.
If you wish to vote in the elections for individual AAA sections, log in to the AAA voting page to return to the rest of your ballot.
Thank you for voting and please share this information with colleagues!